Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Can it Be? Mikayla's Three!

I know I still need to do the whole "Look at what a wonderful Christmas we had" post. And I will do that, I promise. I also promise that it was a truly wonderful Christmas. But as Mikayla said on Sunday when someone asked whose birthday was coming up, "Baby Jesus's birfday need to be aaaallllllll done, then it's my 3!" Well, Baby Jesus's birthday is all done so that must mean that Mikayla is, indeed, 3.



Oh Mikayla, what to say about you? From the first time I felt you move, I knew you were the mover and shaker of the siblings. We didn't know if you were a boy or a girl, but we knew that you were going to be a handful--and a lot of fun. You were constantly kicking and punching and rolling around. You birth was quick and no non-sense. As a baby, you made sure no one forgot about you while you took in everything. And that is still true today. You seldom sit still, you have tons of energy, you have an imagination that's unbelievable and you say words bigger than yourself (like humongous, horrible and ridiculous) You also throw more fits than your sisters combined, you have the unfortunate grace (or lack) of your mother, and you have to try everything at least once, just like your father. We couldn't love you anymore than we do. Life would sure be boring without you around!

**As I was writing this, Mikayla came up to me and said, "Mommy, yookit--I 3 and I rockin' the beer gut! Aren't I a little stinker?" (Rockin' the Beer Gut is a country song...)



Happy 3, Mikayla!


First family pic with 5 before leaving the hospital
5 months old

Yee-Haw (about 13 months)

Somewhere in the early 2's

Christmas Eve, 5 days before 3!

3 comments:

Heather Forcey said...

Happy Birthday big 3-year-old! What a fun age! I love the beer gut comment. That is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday 'Kayla! (Don't forget the other "Groucho Marx" glasses photo - one of my faves!)

Gramma Loves You VERY much!

Dawn said...

these after christmas birthdays are tough... but it keeps me going when i think i will crash! canden was 13 on the 30th... so, i know! i loved seeing your first fam of 5 pic :) and seeing the journey to 3!