Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I guess since today is all about love and hugs and kisses, I should write something about it, right? Blah blah blah...Just kidding.

Today is Valentine's Day, a day to honor the people that you love and that are a special part of your life. Some cynics out there complain about it and say that it's all about commercialization, card companies, that you should show your love every day, etc. Well, they may be right. But all too often, you hear of people taking those they love for granted. At least Valentine's Day is the one day a year where you are almost forced to recognize those that mean a lot to you.

I am incredibly blessed to have a lot of terrific people in my life, and I'm going to take a moment to honor them all:

To my wonderful husband, Andy-I love you. You have been the best partner I could ask for and the most fantastic father to our girls. You always do what you can to give us "girls" the most of everything. You are loving, supportive, caring, gentle, funny, and just simply amazing. Thank you for everything you do for our family. I love you! Happy Valentine's Day!

To the three most wonderful girls in the world: Alayna, Lilly & Mikayla-You all are the best! I am so blessed to have been chosen as your Mommy. I could never have imagined myself as the mother to 3 such perfect little people. Thank you for all the joy, hugs, kisses and love you have brought me through the years. I love you always! Happy Valentine's Day!

To my parents, who have always supported me. They have always been there for me, either holding me, rooting me on, laughing or crying with me. Happy Valentine's Day, I love you guys!

To my sister, who has also always been there, too, though sometimes-as young siblings-I couldn't wait for you to go away! As far as sister's go, you're not too bad! ;-) Love ya, Happy Valentine's Day!

To my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...Thank you all for always giving your love and support. I have so many wonderful memories of family gatherings full of love, laughter, craziness and joy! I love you all, Happy Valentine's Day!

To my In-Laws, thank you so much for raising such a fantastic person for me to marry and have a family with (okay, you can stop laughing now) He is who he is because of you and I wouldn't trade him for the world. Thank you also for welcoming me into the family with such open arms. Love you, Happy Valentine's Day!

To all my friends, who have been there for me in so many ways. I can't thank you enough and want you all to know how much you really mean to me. I cherish all the times-the laughing, the crying, the hoping, the long talks, even the "boring" times of just being together. Love you all, Happy Valentine's Day!

You all are such wonderful people and I am so blessed to be surrounded by such loving, thoughtful, caring people. I love you all! Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww..Love you too! Happy Valentine's Day

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day to you guys too! Love ya and give them beautiful little angels a X & O from the Swager's

Anonymous said...

Love All of you too!!

Mom!

PS: Don't make me cry at work!