Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rundown on the Family

So I realize that most people who will read this already know us, but I'm still going to do the rundown. Then I'm refreshing everyone's memory on our spectacular family, LOL. Like you could forget us...


I'll start with Andy and I, since there would be no family without us. We have known each other since Kindergarten. His aunt actually jokes that she always knew we would end up together because in first grade, my name accidentally ended up in the boy bucket for a classroom Christmas name draw. Who drew my name? Andy. Fast forward MANY years and we're sophomores in HS. We had a few classes together and started getting to know each other better. That's when we started dating: March 3 of 1997. We've been together, for better or for worse, ever since. There's been some rough times, and some really rough times, but we're incredibly happy and lucky to have one another. We were married September 14, 2002.


Alayna is our oldest daughter. Now, I don't want to brag or anything, but she's a bit of a genius. She's one of those kids that loves to learn. Ever since she was a baby, she's had this yearning for knowledge. She never crawled, but skipped right to walking at 10.5 months. She's always loved books, her ABCs, music, and was singing solos in church when she was 3! She also could write her name, most of the letters and numbers, and enjoyed "reading" to us. Now she's a big almost-first-grader and very mature. I can't believe my baby is that old. She reads like no first grader should, she loves anything to do with science and animals, and her most recent accomplishment is learning to knit. Yup, my 6yo can knit and I don't know how. She LOVES to point that out and thinks it's very funny that someday maybe she can teach me.



Lilly is our little pistol. She looks and acts just like her daddy, so for those of you who know Andy, you know what I'm talking about. The girl never stops moving. She's always on the go, doing something or another. Even her entrance into this world was grand and quick, like she just couldn't wait any longer. It's a rare moment to find her sitting still. She also has a stubborn streak that's a mile wide. Andy and I both claim it's from the other, but in all honesty it's probably a bit from both of us. She's got the greatest little voice and her facial expressions are to die for. She can pinch her eyebrows together so closely that as a baby, we nicknamed her Botox Baby-claiming she'd need it by age 5. Another of Lilly's talents-trying to be just like her big sister. If Alayna is wearing a pony-tail, Lilly needs one. If Alayna is eating a pink Go-Gurt, Lilly wants a pink one. You get the drill. Her favorite song is the ABCs and I love when she gets to "oh-no-ah-no-pee" (LMNOP) Gotta love the song stylings of a 2yo, right?


Mikayla is the baby of all the pink. She's a very low-key, calm child who loves to watch and take everything in. But don't get me wrong, when she wants something, she lets you know it. Her most recent bid for attention is to do short, high-pitch squeals in succession, almost like an alarm clock going off. That's her sign that she needs attention and she needs it now. If you ignore her, she only gets louder. I have a feeling that she'll be our most athletic child, as her feet and legs seldom stop moving (just like when in the womb). She often looks like a frog swimming out of water. Who knows, she may give Lilly a run for her money. God help us all if that's the case.

No comments: