Thursday, June 28, 2007

Does anyone else ever hear that alarm clock go off and just want to stay in bed? I know I do, more times than not. It just seems like no matter what I do, I never get enough sleep. And no, I can't blame it on Mikayla, because she's been sleeping through the night for 4 months now. As for last night, I'll blame it on Andy. He had a softball game, so the girls and I obviously went along to watch and cheer on the team (they won). We weren't home until close to ten, and by the time we got everyone pottied, teeth brushed, changed into PJ's, a couple hundred kisses and hugs each, it was almost 10:30 by the time I finally fell into bed. Well, that's about an hour past my ideal bedtime. I'm getting too old for this. I thought when you got older, you're supposed to be able to rely on less sleep. hmmmm

So when that dreaded alarm rang this morning, I wasn't too happy. I was peacefully dreaming that Mikayla was sitting up completely on her own (she can't) and riding horse by herself while Lilly led her around the yard. Andy and I were cheering from the sidelines. When I was so rudely awakened, my only good thought was that it was cool enough that I was under the blankets. That was a far cry from the hot and humid mornings of a few days ago.

Well, I drug my tired body out of bed only to find that all three of my girls were still sleeping peacefully, which only made me more upset that I had to be awake. But like the good Mommy that I am, I still got myself all ready to face the day. Andy was long gone to work, so mornings were all my doing. Alayna had to get ready for Summer School, Lilly & Mikayla had to get up and dressed and fed, and I had to greet my daycare kids with a smile and a mostly clean house. But I knew I could, and would, do it because that's what I did every day. It was my job.

We're now safely into mid-morning and I'm half-listening to what must be the only episode of 'Blues Clues' that I've never seen. Steve is running around in shorts and a short-sleeved shirt! Never seen that one before, I'd remember. The babies are sleeping, Lilly and my one daycare boy are coloring, the dishwasher is humming with a new load washing....life is good. So, I'm going to go and try to relax a little, maybe just sit for a few minutes before the coloring gets old and they realize that I'm not playing with them.

Actually, that's not going to happen. Lilly just came up to me and said, "Mommy, are you done with 'puter time? We want a snack..."

No comments: