Monday, January 4, 2010

Normal is a Relative Term

The Christmas trees are de-decked and sitting on our back porch, waiting for a campfire to turn them to ash. The winter stuff is still out, while the Christmas stuff has been picked over. The ornaments and lights and beads are all sitting in their plastic totes, tucked away for the next 11 months. Those totes...are sitting on my piano bench, and the family room floor, and next to the door to the basement.

They all need to be brought down to the storage room and fully tucked in, but there were other things on my mind this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I want the New Year. I want a fresh, clean house. I want the clutter gone. But want is much different than actually getting it done. And these past few days, we've been doing other, more important things. Like playing games as a family while the totes sit there, waiting. Or having a date afternoon with my husband to watch the Packer game while my girlfriend watched the girls.

And today is back to "normal." Alayna is in school, extra kiddos are here and those totes are screaming at me that they want to go to bed! Today is the first day of normal for 2010. And next week, my "normal" changes again. But until then, I'm going to work on watching some kids, cleaning some house and getting things back to normal...as normal as that can be, in this house.

1 comment:

LaDon & Carla said...

Hello there Candyce.
Thank you for this blog. Carla came across it while looking up family tree info. It is a nice way to keep up with and see the family. Yes your blog is being read and making a difference.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
LaDon, Carla & our 3 girls.