Wednesday, September 7, 2011

School's Cool

The girls have started school and for the first time ever, all 3 of my girls are in school on a regular basis.  Alayna and Lilly go every day, obviously, but Mikayla goes on the "days that start with T".  So far, they are all loving their classes and teachers.  Each day, they come home full of stories about things they've learned or friends they've made.  They love showing off their projects, especially Mikayla--everything is so new to her. 

For me, it's an adjustment.  It always seems so quiet and lonely with the girls gone back to school after a summer full of their giggles, stories and attitude.  But I've never been away from Mikayla on a regular basis like this.  I know I'll survive, I did with the older girls, but the fact that she's my baby does weigh a little heavier.  But she is so ready.  She has been wanting to go to school for years.  She knows her letters and her colors and shapes.  She can write her name.  She's ready, so I have to be, too.  (thankfully I have my daycare kiddos to keep me busy during the day!)

 Alayna is in 5th grade, Lilly in 1st and Mikayla in pre-Kindergarten (4K)

Mikayla got a little excited when she saw the bus (she's jumping and screaming) 

Waiting for the bus--it drives by, turns around and comes back so they don't have to cross the road 

Mikayla is on her way to her first ever day of school!

No comments: