Monday, March 22, 2010

Ferrets, Tigers and Bears...Oh My!

I have been having some bizarre dreams lately. First off, let me tell you that I'm one of those people that has dreams like movies. They are full of detail and I can recall them like I watched them on my tv--what people said, what they wore, etc. It's funny to relate them to Andy, who will then be like, "I had a dream we were camping." That's all he remembers and recalls.

Anyway, the last three nights I've had bizarrely intense dreams. Not scary, per se, but suspenseful and intense. They've involved things like bears chasing us, tigers lose in the campground when all we have is a basic tent for protection, ferrets chasing rats through my house to prevent the rats from chewing on our toes...I told you, bizarre and intense.

Now, I'm not one to analyze my dreams and try to derive some inner meaning from my subconscious movie reel. I usually laugh them off and go about my day. But this has been 3 nights in a row now. I'm not waking from them, but I don't think I'm sleeping well, either. Andy said I was kicking him the other night, and my legs were churning like I was running (that was the bear night) I've been waking up feeling exhausted and spent, sometimes so warm that I am in a sweat or need to throw off the covers. I even took a 3-hr nap yesterday that felt like it was about 10 minutes, and I woke up drooling like crazy because I was sleeping so hard. That's not like me, people--the drooling or the super long nap.

So if you think of it, do you wanna send me some nice sleepy dust? Please? I could really use a good night's sleep without crazy, intense, drama-riddled dreams. Thanks a million.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Magic sleeping dust... coming your way from my house to yours!

Mom In Progress said...

Yikes! Mine are like that too but I on the other hand do think they have to do with what I'm thinking of either consciencely or subconsciencely. What I watched last or what I'm stressed about. Usually they are CRAZY but somehow they work in stresses and good things. Anyway, hope you are sleepin easier these days.